1. Personal Data Management and Usage
This Plexense Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) explains how Plexense, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Plexense”) handle and manage personal data.
The controller of your personal data is Plexense, Inc., which provides support with any of your data privacy-related questions, comments, concerns, or complaints. If you wish to exercise your rights in relation to data privacy, or if you have any questions or request with respect to our Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose and Basis for Plexense’s Use of Personal Data
Generally, you do not have to provide your personal data in order to access the website. However, if you make an inquiry to us via the website, we may collect your personal data that you provide to us, such as your name, email address, phone number, nationality, the company or institute that you work for, your title and communication with Plexense.
We use this information to efficiently process and respond to your inquiries, which is in our legitimate interest as a business entity.
We may process your name and email address to send you our newsletter or useful information regarding our online and offline events, marketing communications, and other helpful information, or to conduct marketing activities. Where required by applicable laws, we will obtain your prior consent before processing your personal data for this purpose. Please also note that, depending on the applicable laws, we may not need to obtain your prior consent before conducting any activities above, especially if they are in our legitimate interest after balancing the interest of the affected parties and depending on the channel through which we conduct the above activities (i.e., email, phone, post, etc.).
Our website may automatically collect and process technical information without personal identifiers, such as your IP address, access time, pages viewed, URLs clicked on to maintain (especially for security reasons), improve, and evaluate the performance of our website for our legitimate business interest.
In some cases, we may remove your personal identifiers from the data and maintain and manage them in an aggregated form. We may use and process it to generate statistics for our legitimate business interest in improving our website, products, and services.
Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Data
Plexense will not sell or rent your personal data to any third party for the third party’s independent marketing or business operation without obtaining your prior consent.
Plexense may, however, transfer your personal data to:
· Plexense subsidiaries or affiliates for the same purpose as Plexense’s
(The list of Plexense subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.seegene.com/global_networks);
· Courts, arbitration bodies, law enforcement authorities, regulators, or attorneys when it is necessary for
Plexense to comply with the law, or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of its rights or legal claims; and
· Any personal data that you made publicly available on our website may be globally accessible by any other
registered users of our website.
Unless indicated otherwise, at the time of the collection of your personal data (e.g. in the form completed by you),
we will dispose of your personal data
I. once it becomes no longer necessary for the purposes for collecting or processing them, or
II. to comply with our legal obligations (e.g. retention obligations under tax or other relevant laws)
Under the appliable data protection laws, you have the rights to access or rectify your personal data. To exercise your rights,
please contact us at email@example.com.
I.If you reside in the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
· If you reside in the EEA and your personal data is covered by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), subject to the limitations and exceptions provided in the applicable law, you have the rights provided under the Articles 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21 of the GDPR:
· The right to obtain from a confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed, and if so, request
for access to your personal data;
· The right to rectify your personal data that is inaccurate;
· The right to request Plexense for the erasure of your personal data;
· The right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
· The right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing or for any other reason relating to
your particular situation;
· The right to data portability (i.e., the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and
machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another controller);
· The right to withdraw your consent, if applicable. The withdrawal of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of
processing your personal data based on your consent provided prior to the withdrawal. Once you withdraw your
consent, Plexense may further process your personal data only if there is any other legal ground for Plexense to do so; and
· The right to lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority if you believe that our data processing is in breach of the GDPR.
II. If you are a California resident:
· California residents are entitled to, once a year and free of charge, request and obtain certain information regarding our
disclosure of your personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the immediately preceding calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2020 will receive information regarding the disclosure made in 2019). We comply with this law by giving you an option to object to our disclosure of your personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To make such a request, free of charge, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may need additional information to process your request.
2. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
· When you visit our website, certain information is stored on your terminal device (e.g., your computer) in the form of a “cookie.”
Cookies are small files that are stored on your terminal device and save certain settings and data to exchange with our
website via your browser.
For example, cookies enable us to tailor a website to better match your interests or to store your password so that you do not
have to re-enter your password every time. Without cookies, certain functions of our website may not work properly.
I. First-Party Cookies: cookies set by our website directly
II. Cookies that are essential for our website to function properly:
· Cookies providing security while conducting activities that the users have requested for, which is essential for complying with the
security requirements under the applicable laws
· Cookies ensuring that your content page loads quickly and effectively by distributing the workload among the computers
III. Cookies that are necessary for us to deliver a better user experience: A number of our pages use these cookies to remember
the followings in order to enhance the functionality of our website:
· Your display preferences such as contrast color settings or font size;
· Your language settings;
· Your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time;
· Whether you have already replied to our survey pop-ups (e.g., asking whether the contents on the website were helpful or not) so
“Do Not Track” signals
Plexense does not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and does not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow Plexense to respond to signals or any other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal or non-personally identifiable information. If you activate “Do Not Track,” Plexense does not collect your Cookies.
Plexense maintains reasonable technical and organizational measures with our best efforts to protect your personal data from loss, manipulation, unauthorized access, destruction, leakage, etc. However, there is always a risk of your personal data being disclosed to unauthorized third parties or compromised in some other way. Therefore, please note that you are also responsible for ensuring that your computer or any other device you are using is adequately secured and protected against malicious software and computer viruses. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Plexense reserves the right to amend and update this Policy without prior notice in order to reflect legal and regulatory changes, technological advances, and good business practice. If Plexense makes any amendment to the Policy, Plexense will update the Policy on the website, reflecting those changes and specifying the effective date of the updated Policy. Therefore, we recommend that you review this Policy regularly for any changes made to the Policy.
This amendment of the Policy is effective as of July 2020.